I have a love and hate relationship with my hair. Together we’ve been through hell and back (haha)! Thank goodness I realized I have been taking my hair for granted, and I haven’t really been giving it the TLC it really needed. I knew that in order to avoid the big chop I had to get serious.
- I stopped curling my hair everyday. Thanks to my mom, I have a set of old school hair rollers that I am addicted to! I never leave the house without one for my bangs. (I have stubborn bangs!)
- I didn’t color my hair for at least a year! It was so hard to watch hair color fade and grow out, but I stuck with it!
- I started taking Hair, Skin, and Nail gummy vitamins. I don’t know if this helped, but I like to think it did!
- I finally started using a heat protectant spray if I did use any heat tools.
- I get a trim once a month.
- I started using Mane and Tail (a classic, but also a shampoo for horses haha)!
- And lastly, when I remembered, I rubbed coconut oil on the ends of my hair. A little goes a long way.
My dear friend and hair dresser always told me “Love your hair and it will love you.” she couldn’t be more right.